Sunday 7 February 2021

Proposed solution

The GDTE's goal and manner of reaching it do not align with my own plans and manner of learning. They are at variance with my core values and beliefs, and for me to be constrained to follow its framework would put my mental health at risk. I guard my headspace jealously, and so I refuse to submit to what I regard as having my thought processes hijacked. Another way to express this is that I value autonomy.

Since the GDTE is a generic course that does not suit my particular situation, the most obvious solution is for me to do it on my own terms. The GDTE needs to be tailored to fit my needs and, since I know myself best, I propose to do that tailoring.

I have no problem with the 5 Graduate Profile Outcomes and am confident that I can create my own pathway that achieves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment